Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Even Flow


Even flow, thoughts arrive like Butterflies
Oh, he don't know, so he chases them away
Someday yet, he'll begin his life again
Life again, life again...
~Pearl Jam

Like always,
I was thinking about the times long gone
tree that still stands there and so does the rising Sun
still so fresh, animatedly etched in my memory
but good way off my reach on the contrary
those suspended times I often go back to
to school arcade, nigh park or my college street



Like always,
I was thinking about the times ahead too
if truth said I don't have much to tell you
explorin' heterogeneity of my oneiric world
feelin' the ceilings, measuring how vast they will be
familiar faces smiling, fortifying every turn
while I keep swimmin' uncharted territories


I don't have to think about present times
not much juggling with reason nor with rhymes
do what I got to do, stroll, jog or run fast
winds of every season past, all mixed at one
good times wrapped along rough times
feathering sharp edges moments of fun


It takes more than just efforts, sometimes
flow isn't always so even, oddities stretched
along the tracks, debris obstructing
the flow of rain, left alone, I alone sloppy and enraged
I do what anybody would do, actions- reactions
without much ado

43 comments:

  1. Behind you can see, ahead you can guess, but have to live in the present or life can become a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. surely does becomes a mess if we do otherwise :)

      Delete
  2. Nice composition Jyoti!
    And you painted this picture? It's nice!:)
    I so wish to learn painting but I'm such a BAD painter that I do not know where to start but still I'm trying...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you mam !!!
      No no.. I'm not even close to holding a brush... This is a famous painting of Claude Monet.

      Delete
  3. row row row your boat gently down the stream............
    and they said-life is but a dream...
    :-)

    love-
    anu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true..
      Poe went one step ahead and said.. Life is nothing but Dream within a dream :)

      Delete
  4. Living in the moment is the only way to live...but it's sometimes the hardest lesson to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless Jyoti ji. Brilliant piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. वर्तमान में ही जीने का आनन्द है।

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well expressed! For me only the present matters much… I don’t like thinking about the unknown future and whatever it might be perhaps I am in a mindset only to accept and don’t stress myself leading to distress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like always I read but this time i missed:)Nice one , Jyoti!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The past is done with. The present is ours. The future will happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. first, pearl jam---one of the best bands of all times....ha
    its funny to me the whole NOW movement, i bought it
    but it just seperates what can not be...
    our past present and future in one
    ignore any and we are out of balance
    live in any disregarding the others we are out of balance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed.. pearl jam is Best among all
      I like your point of view.. really we can't ignore any of it.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. it's a famous painting of Claude Mmonet :)
      thanks !!

      Delete
  12. Living in the present and present alone is all that matters..:)
    nice post..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true.. it matters most..
      but we can't ignore the past and future too

      Delete
  13. Jyoti,each verse is beautiful and so meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have to think about present times
    not much juggling with reason nor with rhymes
    do what I got to do

    A good stand to take, Jyoti! Just do what we have to do and everything else would fall into place! Nicely!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  15. u can go so deep that i feel i need to learn scuba diving to decipher your words....did i tell u i am so much in awe of you :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. yeah you did that.. many times I guess :P
      thank u so much !!

      Delete
  16. Even flow or not, we need to keep on going the best we can ~

    Wishing you happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going on and on..
      wish you the same, though I'm a bit late !!

      Delete
  17. Dream OR reality ... but life moves on ... in either of the condition bottom line is happiness ... where ever you can see ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true Sir..
      life goes on and on.. and real fun in finding happiness :)

      Delete
  18. Goodness, I was reliving life right along with you. Thanks for taking me back to times past. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely lines.

    P.S. Like the picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Shreya..
      Picture is indeed a beautiful piece.

      Delete

Write whatever may come to your mind..
I'm here with my fingers on keyboard waiting to reply :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...