Friday, September 13, 2013

Personal Concerns


What concerns me is that man, unable to articulate, to express himself adequately, reverts to action. Since the vocabulary of action is limited, as it were, to his body, he is bound to act violently, extending his vocabulary with a weapon where there should have been an adjective?
 ~Joseph Brodsky


You and I are same in so many ways. We are happy but at the same time in a little deplorable state. Have so many wishes yet to be fulfilled and so many concerns of everyday life that eats up almost half of our times. Usually, not always, when I feel low or distracted I write it all down and then tear it away. Purge out all the emotions or feelings on some useless paper, on blog, on Facebook and what not. Yes that does sound little awkward when said out loud but almost everyone I know have his/her own coping mechanisms. Other times I just scare the hell out of people, specially my mum,  and blither out everything right on their faces. This process of writing or speaking out maintains an equipoise and it keeps me from flattening out. But something smutty happens when I do neither..
 
Something keeps bugging me
personal concerns is what people call
bugs I can't put my finger on
it rattles so sharp and render me insane
I scribble them all down, simmering pain
it never actually die, not instantly
as soon as I finished my scribble
roaring flame caged and hog-tied
stinging still bothers me but it subsides

On some random days
I pick some words out
out of my  mind's own word-hoard
and holler them out loud
words sounded much heavier
when  my voice was added to its core
awful clumsiness that fogged me
didn't melt away, vision little clearer
than it was a while before

When I can't write a single word
with so much ink that I hold
sound that I made was so mumbling
and bedimmed, better if I left it untold
even my torrid eyes crashed
all bottled up inside, I acted out rash
actions so reckless, I confess
slipshodness felt so bad, wished
I'd have done something else instead.

Out of all that vexes me
my inaction and indecision
what concerns me more
I have my own ghosts to fight
ghosts that are seen by none
none but me and that's alright
I have my own armada to rely on
as much as I love to look back
I must move ahead and carry on..

48 comments:

  1. Ghost can haunt but sitting around doing nothing at all, will sure never rid them of ones hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had these feelings before...something bothers you but you can't quite tell what it is. Sometimes we just need some time to decompress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can identify with your thoughts...!

    "...as much as I love to look back
    I must move ahead and carry on.."
    Very well put!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my own armada to rely on
    as much as I love to look back
    I must move ahead and carry on

    Brilliant take Jyoti! You went through lots of thoughts on this. The end is the clincher. Yes take a stand and walk through ahead! Nicely!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir..
      and that's what I intend to do :)

      Delete
  5. we do have to move ahead and carry on in the end...i agree with keith, i have had those days and those feelings as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep Brian Carry on and on..
      See I told u we are all same in so many ways :)

      Delete
  6. Jyoti,I like your writing in this post but not comfortable with the content.You write down in a dispoable paper whatever you wish to let the suppressed steam out but do not give your negative thoughts vocal expression.Fill your mind with happy thoughts leaving no room for concerns and worries.Everyone has their share of concerns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not want to give vocal expressions to my negative thoughts..
      I just want to get rid of them..
      writing them out seems easy.. :)

      Delete
  7. पीड़ा केन्द्रित, शब्द परिधिमय,
    भूत भविष्यत, सतत प्रकटभय,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. भूत भविष्यत, सतत प्रकटभय..
      so true sir.. u always reduce my whole post to a single sentence :)

      Delete
  8. The thought quoted is very thoughtful....Poetry too

    Carrying on and moving on is funda of life....keep goin:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks prakash :)
      wish we both succeed in doing that !!

      Delete
  9. Hi there! You are posting less often these days but wow! The ones you post are so good :) i mean the quotes and the poems,they are so nice!
    coming to this post, i was feeling quite connected to it. Because sadly, i had been going through such dilemmas myself. Indecisiveness and inaction are something which have real disastrous implications. So,confronting my fears i just manage stay afloat for the time being. Would like to hear more from you on this topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. that means a lot :)
      told u we are all same in so many ways. I'd love to write more on this topic in time ahead.. :)

      Delete
  10. It's a superb poem. I love the last couple lines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This inner struggle leads us to creativity whatever its form be. Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. 'Out of all that vexes me
      my inaction and indecision
      what concerns me more
      I have my own ghosts to fight
      ghosts that are seen by none
      none but me and that's alright
      I have my own armada to rely on
      as much as I love to look back
      I must move ahead and carry on..' Thispart gives some positive feelings.So go ahead with that.Nicely done,Jyoti

      Delete
  13. You should write and write more, it's therapeutic. And guess, many can relate to this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Saru..
      u always bring a smile on my face :)

      Delete
  14. I've never thought of it that way- that when we don't have words we revert to actions, when really we should have just found an adjective that describes whatever we are feeling then. Whether or not that is the point that you intended to convey, that's what I figured out from it :)

    Thanks for these awesome, very evocative thoughts. They'll be spinning around my head for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think it's so important to address our emotions in whatever way suits us best... writing it out is a way i choose often - esp. if i cannot really name them cause they're so diffuse and it's just an undefined feel...def. can relate much to this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. n whatever way suits us best.. that's definitely the best way Claudia !!

      Delete
  16. Bringing what's inside of us to the surface will always be a struggle, whether via pen, opinion, or living our lives. We can't fight our ghosts by looking back—it's fear that makes us cling to what we know or think we know. Looking ahead is brave and hopeful. Keep struggling.


    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking ahead is brave and hopeful...
      well said mam.. and I intend to do the same :)

      Delete
  17. "my mind's own word-hoard" Love it! And my goodness, how many of us don't get stuck in our yesterdays? That's--why I'm firing the scientists lock in my basement and will be finishing my time machine myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Articulation in which ever form or format is an art indeed…those that are masters of this win the matches…others don’t lose but have to wait a lil longer :P maybe agonizingly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes.. I guess u r right.
      Expression makes things easier.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful poem Jyoti. The concluding lines were awesome! You have amazing thought process :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely writing...
    For me it's like a sine wave...sometimes all flows out...at other times it all chokes up...

    ReplyDelete
  21. We do have our own ghosts to fight ... very well said !!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. carry on as miles still to go.....some people try to transform their anger and anguish in many forms of creativity -like you! and they are the winners ultimately! So carry on and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful thoughts put into beautiful words! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Write whatever may come to your mind..
I'm here with my fingers on keyboard waiting to reply :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...